Tattoo Marks On Dark Pigmented Animals
To combat stock theft the tattoo mark is compulsory in South Africa
- Materials and methods in photos
- It is important that the correct procedure be followed:
- Enough ink must be used.
- The ear must be well cleaned.
- The ink must be rubbed in well to ensure that the mark remains permanent, visible and readable long after marking.
- To read – clean ear again, with a wet rag or mentholated spirits or shine a light behind the ear.
Here are a few pictures to illustrate how tattoo marking should be done: